Thursday, September 4, 2014

Howdy there person! Want to find out about me?

You have found my epic blog!
My name is Niles Singer and I am a 10th grader at a public high school in eastern Massachusetts. I like to run, play trumpet, and hang out with my friends. This blog is going to serve as my portfolio for history class this year. Yay!
As soon as I walk into the classroom on the first day of school I start making an impression of the teacher. By the end of the first class I usually have a good idea of how challenging the class is going to be, how nice the teacher is, and whether or not I like their teaching style. The best teachers are the ones who are both kind and understanding. These teachers work at a fast pace, yet they also slow down and go into depth when we hit a challenging spot in the curriculum. My favorite teachers do all of the above as well as trying new things in the classroom and more importantly being available to give extra help after school. My new history teacher can help me this school year by being available to talk to me about revisions to my writing, and by assigning a reasonable amount of homework every night. 
John Green http://johngreenreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/johngreen.jpg

After watching John Green’s video about going back to school I decided that I agree with him. I think that I have to do something great with my education. Working at a supermarket bagging groceries is not what I want to do with my life or what I should do with my education. I need to use my education to help humanity in some way or another. I have many goals for myself this year which will ensure that I will improve in almost everything I do this year. In school I want to get straight A’s, improve my writing, and get nominated for the national honors society. This cross country season I want to get a varsity letter and take a minute off my 5k time from last year. I want to play louder in marching band and jazz band, as well as making it to all-states this year. I also aim to make many new friends this year. I plan to reach my goals by putting one foot in front of the other. I have a tiring schedule for the first part of the year and I need to try my best at everything no matter how long the day has been. This school year should be awesome as long as I follow these goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment