Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Creating A Spiderweb... With Glitter

This is a poster that I created with my group yesterday in history class.  Learning about the information displayed on our poster was difficult for me because I was absent the day that we analyzed key documents. My group and I completed this poster about the rise of democracy.  A democracy is "a form of government in which the supreme power invested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system."The United States was not very Democratic in the 1800s because of its lack of voting freedom for all citizens. Only white men who owned land could vote which is not democratic. This changed in 1820-1850 as more and more people were given the right to put there say into how the United States is governed.
 The definition of democracy is quoted from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/democracy

No comments:

Post a Comment