Thursday, March 19, 2015

Election Results Reflected Opinions on Slavery! AAHHHHHHHHHHH (mind blown)

This week in history class I learned about the election of 1860. My group and I answered the question of how the election of 1860 showed deep divisions over slavery. I analyzed the results of the election and the candidate's different ideas in order to answer this question. I learned that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican who didn't like slavery and wanted to control it. Bell wanted to preserve the constitution and the union without changing slavery laws. Breckenridge believed that there should be no limits put on slavery, and Douglas thought that the expansion of slavery should rely on popular sovereignty. My group and I then wrote a script and found pictures so that we could create a video to display our knowledge about the election of 1860. Here is our video:


Citations:

The Harper's Ferry Insurrection [John Brown, Now Under Sentence of Death for Treason and Murder, at Charleston, VA.]
The Seceding South Carolina Delegation
December 22, 1860
Mathew Brady
1822-1896
Our Banner in the Sky
1861
Frederic Edwin Church
Bombardment of Fort Sumter, Charleston Harbor
1861
Currier and Ives - See more at: http://www.civilwarinart.org/items/show/63#sthash.3Wx6S02p.dpuf


No comments:

Post a Comment